Saturday, February 23, 2008

Now I May be Desperate

Since it is that time of year, and we are completely tapped out of money until we get our tax return... I was thinking of alternate ways to bring in some cash. I have considered making my own drugs, but I have never been good at science (and there is some sort of a moral issue involved with that). I could eat my dogs to save on money for food, but they are part of the family as annoying as they can be sometimes. It just seems that I can not find a legal/moral way to make some money... until I came upon this:


Apparently the rewards for the "Jersey Devil" have never been claimed, but are still standing. In 1909 the Philadelphia Zoo posted a $1,000,000 reward for the capturing of this creature. Similarly, merchants in Camden offered a $10,000 reward in 1960 for the same creature. So, if I can work out some way to claim both of these rewards... I will be in some serious cash! Therefore, I am enlisting the help of my good friends Matt, Dustin, Mark, & Keith. A fair 5-way split of this cash would give us all $202,000.00!!! I ask that you go to the wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil and read up on this. There are also similar rewards for the Sasquatch, Wendigo, Big Foot, & Skunk-Ape. We could really clean up on this... besides after this I am out of ideas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the reward for the Loch Ness monster?

Some underwater adventures would be quite sweet!

Iwriteyouread said...

Oh, good one... in the wikipedia database I found at least 12 mythic creatures that had rewards out for them. We obviously need your expertise in being a pastor and use of holy relics. We have Mark for muscle/his EMT training, Keith because he knows all things weird and has probably done this before, I will lead and provide tracking/arsenal, and as for Matt... it is always good to have a Catholic on your team when hunting dark creatures. Plus, he used to wrestle and that can come in handy.

Price Hill said...

you forgot about my sister. if we went into any forest at night with alyssa, the jersey devil would find us.

Iwriteyouread said...

Oh shit, you are right! Sister can bail us out if we are approaching things the wronf way. Also she is a way better tracker than I am, especially of all things mystical. To be honest, my tracking abilities are not up to par anyway...