Friday, February 1, 2008

A little light that flickers out...


Tonight the only place that ever felt like home caught fire. I know it may sound ridiculous to be attached to a building... but for a couple of years Old Saint George was our home. I lived there with friends who were closer than family, my wife & I were married there, and for two years I worked in the building. I have such great memories of doing concerts, cleaning up after events, and staying up all night with some of the strangest/greatest people I have ever known. There are so many memories that took place in each room. I just can't get over the feeling that a little part of all of us who invested so much time & frustration into that place might have burned out tonight. If you never got to experience it... I am truly sorry. I fear now that the people with power & money may take this opportunity to knock the rest of it down. I pray that is not true.

5 comments:

Timothy "Treebeard" Adams said...

CHCURC spent a lot of money renovating it in 2005. i doubt it's gonna get knocked down. hopefully it'll be used for something good... :\

Iwriteyouread said...

CHCURC/UC have also spent a lot of money trying to get it okayed to knock down in the last year. This might be just what they needed.

Timothy "Treebeard" Adams said...

damn, i had no idea. fuck them.


do you have a reference for that?

Anonymous said...

i wasn't sure what to say when i read the story from my current whereabouts of buffalo. i cant imagine cincinnati without old st. george. but then again, i cant imagine clifton WITH its ever-expanding shopping centers. short vine renovation 200? here we come!

Anonymous said...

phil wouldnt listen if i tried. what my friend did was wrong. that guy got fired up and defended me when i told him not to touch anyone, that i would talk to tom when work let out. but of course he goes running behind the building when im waiting out front for them to get out of work. i would never tell anyone to hurt anybody. im not that kind of guy. i dont condone that. i dont want my name lumped in with that.

anyway.. have phil send me a message if you can because i dont want to make the first step if all that is going to happen is him ignoring me.